If you choose NOT to purchase insurance: TruckandTrailer.Parts & MJ Heavy Duty Parts LLC will NOT be responsible for any loss, lost packages, theft or damage to the package or its contents incurred during shipping. You will be responsible for handling any dispute or claim with the carrier.
For Orders over $750
A Direct Signature is required for orders over $750.00 - Someone at the recipient’s address must sign for the delivery. Direct Signature deliveries are made to the address on the mailing label, NOT to an individual recipient. If no one is at the address to sign, our carrier may reattempt the delivery. If this will be an issue, please consider having your package delivered to a neighbors house or to a FedEx "Hold At" location. If your parts are returned to us because our carrier was unable to obtain a signature, you will be refunded for your order minus all shipping costs, return shipping and a 15% restock fee.
If you choose to purchase insurance: Any claims need to be reported within 30 days of package delivery. We will need documentation of the loss or damage to properly process your claim.
- Cosmetic damage is NOT covered - minor scratches, chipped paint, rub marks and dust are not covered under insurance and is normal for the parts industry.
- If your package is missing - Check around your house, including behind any bushes or trees, and check with your neighbors.
- If you believe your package was stolen - File a police report as soon as you notice. A police report will be required for all stolen package claims.
- If the outside packaging is damaged - take pictures of the damage BEFORE opening your package
- If your parts are damaged or are missing components - Take pictures of the outside of the packaging and of the parts. Make a list of what is missing.
TruckandTrailer.Parts & MJ Heavy Duty Parts LLC and our carriers are in no way responsible if you provided the wrong delivery address.
Do NOT file the claim: We will file the claim on your behalf. If you choose to file a claim anyway, please notify us so that we do not open a duplicate claim. This will only slow the claim process down and may jeopardize your ability to collect an insurance payout.
When taking pictures, make sure to get clear pictures of 1) the packaging 2) the label 3) the packaging tape 4) the inside packaging 5) the parts.
All parts will need to be inspected during the claim process. This is why good pictures are very important. Most orders under $1000.00 can be self-inspected per the carrier instructions. Orders over $1000.00 will need an inspection from the carrier to process your claim. If you plan on using a damaged part, do not install or alter it until AFTER the inspection.
Call us or email us as soon as any loss or damage is noticed. Most lost packages are found and delivered within 1 or 2 days. Most claims are resolved within 7 business days but may take up to 1 month to complete.
Any recovered insurance payouts will be mailed directly to you and paid via check from the carrier. This means that if you require a replacement order before your claim is processed, you will need to cover the cost of the replacement order in full.
Note that our liability and our carrier liability won’t exceed your shipment’s repair cost, its depreciated value, or its replacement cost—whichever is less.